It will be a stand-up and this is how I made it:
I cut foam core to the size I wanted and as many to get it as thick as I wanted (I think 4). Using flat head pins in the sides, I wrapped it with batting cutting out as much bulk as possible. Then pinning the sides I wrapped the sampler fabric on the back and about half way on the sides. I then did the same with the stitching. Again cutting out as much bulk as possible. I folded the corners into the sides and not the bottom which I thought would make the bottom bulky and not sit right. You can see this a little bit on the top photo looking at most corners of the piece. The ribbon should hide most of this.
Now I just need to add some ribbon to the sides and a bow at the top I am thinking of a dark red. I am also deciding if I want to get some big flat buttons to add feet to it.
That is about all for now folks!
Just found your lovely blog.
Your finish is very pretty and thanks for the finishing idea.
Post a Comment