My quilting club, SCF Quilting bees asked members to create a 9 1/2 inch square quilt block that represented what 2020 meant to us. Twenty people created blocks and I was one of them. Each block was finished by a Quilting Bees person and then they were hung in our recreation center hallway.
My block is in the center of the bottom row - close up below.
Each block was held to each other with gold safety pins and the upper left pin had a bee bead on it while the upper right pin had 3 crystals in bee colors. The quilt came down last week and they gave us the pins!
My block is full of symbolism:
- The center is my home with night and day sky in the corners
- The bandana heart represents my hubby since he likes to wear a cowboy hat
- I embroidered and finished a number of samplers
- I read 150 books
- I spent time with our dog
- I made by first lap size quilt
- There is a bit of a "rookie" error in the block, but I left it on since 2020 also meant going with the flow and not being overly critical
Post a Comment