I am finished with this sampler. I made a few changes, but am happy with it so that is how it will stay!!
Many of the areas in the lower third called for long arm cross, but there were areas with a lot of color change and I just could not get the hang of the stitch, so I did regular cross stitch.
Also, there is some other lettering and numbers under her name, but I could not figure out what they said and left them out. I did put my initials and the year in an empty space to the right of the tree.
I started this at a Sampler Guild of the Rockies Retreat in 2015. All I got done then was the black and yellow stitches in the motif at the upper left. I picked the project back up in April of this year and have worked on it most evenings since. Finishing it on October 24. It is 12.5" x 17" on 36 count linen and uses Soie d' alger silks.
Now on to other projects. This is one plus of being retired during a pandemic, I am getting a TON of stitching done and I try to look on the bright side.
Post a Comment