I was cleaning up some old emails and found one from Joan Seidel replying to my request for the thread she used to stitch this design. The original calls for silk and she used cotton. She was very nice and gave me her substitution list. I would love to refer back to her blog, but this is from July 2011 and the email does not give her blog name. No way am I about to remember it now!
Anyway it got me thinking about this piece, so I looked for it in my stash and found it with all the threads! The fabric is not the one called for in the original design, but it all seems to work.
Here is my progress:
The design is stitched on 32 count over two threads and will be 5 inches square when completed. It was in the July 2011 issue of Cross-Stitch and Needlework magazine.
Here are the substitutions:
- Sampler Threads (ST) Tarnished Gold for Mudpie.
- Weeks Dye Works (WDW) Kudzu for Attic Tea
- ST Blueberry for Evergreen
- WDW Bark for Tortoise Shell
- ST Brandy for Butterscotch
- ST Old Brick for Poison Apple
- ST Old Red Paint for Rose of Sharon
- WDW Angel Hair for Sandy Beach
- WDW Cinnabar for Terra Cotta
I cannot tell you the fabric I am using, it was from my stash, but it is a 32 count even weave.
I am working on this in the evenings and making good progress. It is quite fun to stitch too!!
I like the design and you have made great progress already.
Post a Comment