I got all the stitching done for this fun little project. It is about 5 inches square and done on 32 count fabric using cotton floss. It called for silk floss. You can get more information about it and see the list of thread substitutions on my April 13 post.
It is from 2011 and I had to modify the date on the roof to reflect this year. It required a little fiddling, but I got it done. Besides the cross stitches and backstitches, there are some satin stitches, Smyrna crosses and chain stitches on the project.
I am not sure how I am going to finish-finish it yet. I have my eye on a mill hill frame in chocolate, but it was out of stock.
Now to find another project to stitch on in the evenings. I have gotten back to a preretirement routine where I stitch in the evenings while my hubby sits on the sofa next to me and we "watch" TV. I do more listening than watching and listen to more programs on the tube while I stitch, but that is ok. He asks me what I want to watch and I tell him it does not matter, I can stitch to anything. It gives us some together time, and I get a lot of stitching done! It sometimes adds up to 3 hours a night.
Post a Comment